Civil engineers engage in a wide range of activities such as research, design, development, management, and the control of engineering systems and their components. With today’s fast-paced technological changes, civil engineering provides unique and unlimited career opportunities in areas such as bridges, harbors, airports, highways, railroads and more. Civil Engineering is a people serving profession and as
such is vital to the world’s economic,
political, and social well-being.
Civil engineers work in many different industries:
- Construction, utility companies, oil companies
- Telecommunications businesses
- Manufacturing companies
- Railroads, airports, road construction
- Engineering, architectural consulting companies
- City, state and federal government
- Department of Transportation
- Army Corps of Engineers
- Federal Aviation Administration
- Department of Energy
Take the first step!
The first step toward your future in civil engineering begins right now with a connection to Ryan Litchfield, our coordinator of high school recruiting, who can help you learn more about the great programs in the College of Engineering, arrange a campus visit, talk to a current student, explore scholarship possibilities and more. Email email@example.com or call 409-880-7097.