Lamar Introduction To Engineering (LITE) - Senior is sponsored by Motiva and the College of Engineering. Applicant criteria will focus on those entering or currently in high school and can commute daily to the University. Preference is given to underrepresented minorities and/or females. Those interested in attending the LITE - Senior program are encouraged to apply. Registration will be open until June 1, 2017.
- Explore the tasks engineers undertake on a daily basis
- Engage with faculty members from chemical, civil, electrical, industrial, and mechanical engineering
- Concentrate on a variety of applications in each field
- Participate in presentations and hands-on activities
- Learn the meaning of what it is to be an engineer
- Entering or current high school students
- Must have a 'B' average in Math and Science classes
- Have strong recommendations from their current mathematics or science teachers
- July 24th – 28th
- 9:00am - 1:00pm
- Sign-in begins at 8:30 a.m. Monday morning.
- Daily drop-off will be from 8:30am - 9:00am.
- Pick-up is at 1:00 p.m.
- No fee!
- All materials, snacks and camp experience provided by Motiva and the College of Engineering for selected students
Instructions on how to apply:
1. Complete your application.
2. Obtain a copy of your grades from your school. Scan and upload to application.
3. Have your MATH or SCIENCE teacher complete the evaluation form. Only one evaluation is needed. Teachers must submit after your application is complete. (If you are home-schooled, please contact us for more information). Please send your evaluation form to firstname.lastname@example.org.