Lamar Introduction to Engineering (LITE)
This Summer Program is sponsored in part by a grant from the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB), ExxonMobil, Motiva, BASF and the College of Engineering. Applicant criteria will focus on those entering 7th and 8th grade and can commute daily to the University. Preference is given to underrepresented minorities and/or females.
- Engage in discussions and experiments with LU faculty
- Visit engineering labs on campus
- Learn about career and study opportunities in engineering
- Interact with LU students, alumni and faculty
- Work in teams on fun engineering projects
- Entering 7th or 8th grade
- Must have a 'B' average in Math and Science classes
- Have strong recommendations from their current mathematics or science teachers
- July 17th – 21st
- 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Sign-in begins at 7:30 a.m. on Monday morning.
- Daily drop-off will be from 7:45 a.m. - 8:00 a.m.
- Pick-up is at 5 p.m.
- No Fee, provided in part by THECB, ExxonMobil and BASF
- Meals, snacks, camp shirts and activities are included
Instructions on how to apply:
1. Complete your APPLICATION.
2. Obtain a copy of your grades from your school. Scan and upload to application.
3. Have your MATH or SCIENCE teacher complete the EVALUATION FORM. Only one evaluation is needed. Teachers must submit after your application is complete (If you are home-schooled, please contact us for more information). Please send your evaluation form to email@example.com.