This Summer Program is sponsored by College of Engineering (COE). Applicant criteria will focus on those entering 9th, 10th or 11th grade and can commute daily to the University. Preference is given to underrepresented minorities and/or females. Those interested in attending the CHEM-E 101 program are encouraged to apply. Registration has closed.
- Explore the tasks Chemical Engineers take on
- Focus on Nanotechnology
- Concentrate on a Variety of applications in energy conversion, medicine, and electronics
- Participate in presentations and hands-on activities
- Learn the meaning of what it is to be a Chemical Engineer
- Entering 9th, 10th or 11th grade
- Must have a 'B' average in Math and Science classes
- Have strong recommendations from their current mathematics or science teachers
- July 25th – 29th
- 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Sign-in begins at 7:30 a.m. on Monday morning.
- Daily drop-off will be from 7:45 a.m. - 8:00 a.m.
- Pick-up is at 5 p.m.
- No fee
- For those selected, meals, snacks, camp shirts and activities are included
Instructions on how to apply:
1. Complete your application.
2. Obtain a copy of your grades from your school. Scan and upload to application.
3. Have your MATH or SCIENCE teacher complete the EVALUATION FORM. Only one evaluation is needed. Teachers must submit after your application is complete. (If you are home-schooled, please contact us for more information). Please send your evaluation form to firstname.lastname@example.org.