What is ASCE?
ASCE is the American Society of Civil Engineers, the professional society for civil engineers and others working in the civil engineering field. ASCE was founded in1852 and is the oldest national professional engineering society in the United States. ASCE is dedicated to the advancement of the individual civil engineer and the advancement of the science and profession of the civil engineering through education. There are currently 259 student chapters and clubs nationally and internationally.
Lamar ASCE Objectives
* To increase student involvement in ASCE projects
* To develop students' leadership and teamwork skills.
* To create better student/faculty relationships outside of the classroom.
* To build projects that reflect concepts and theories learned in the classroom.
* To provide students with business contacts for the future.
* To build a winning steel bridge and concrete canoe.
Why you should join ASCE?
ASCE will help you develop many skills necessary to thrive in today's work environment, skills such as organization, project management, problem solving, and teamwork. ASCE is also a great place to make friends, travel across the US for competitions, get to know professors and use the knowledge learned in the classroom to apply to hands-on projects.