Dr. Jerry Lin, Ph.D., P.E.
Jerry Lin, Ph.D.
Senior Director of Graduate Programs, College of Engineering
Director, Center for Advances in Water and Air Quality
University Professor and Scholar
Ann Die-Hasselmo Faculty Scholar
Phone: (409) 880-8761
Fax: (409) 880-8180
Office: Cherry Bldg., Rm. 2211
- Fu, X. W., Zhang, H., Yu, B., Wang, X., Lin, C.-J., Feng, X., " Observations of atmospheric mercury in China: a critical review," Atmos. Chem. Phys.2015, 15, 5359-5376, 9455-9476.
- Zhu W., Sommar J., Lin, C.-J., Feng X., "Mercury vapor air–surface exchange measured by collocated micrometeorological and enclosure methods – Part II: Bias and uncertainty analysis," Atmos. Chem. Phys.2015, 15, 5359-5376.
- Fu X. W., Zhang H., Lin, C.-J., Feng X., Zhou L. X., Fang S. X., "Correlation slopes of GEM/CO, GEM/CO2, and GEM/CH4 and estimated mercury emissions in China, South Asia, Indochinese Peninsula, and Central Asia derived from observations in northwest and southwest China," Atmos. Chem. Phys.2015, 15, 1013–1028.
- Zhu, Y.; Lao, Y.; Jang, C.; Lin, C.-J.; Xing, J.; Wang, S.; Fu, J. S.; Deng, S.; Xie, J.; Long, S., Development and case study of a science-based software platform to support policy making on air quality. Journal of Environmental Sciences-China 2015, 27, 97-107.
- Zhu W., Sommar J., Lin, C.-J., Feng X., "Mercury vapor air–surface exchange measured by collocated micrometeorological and enclosure methods – Part I: Data comparability and method characteristics," Atmos. Chem. Phys.2015, 15, 685-702.
- Zhang H., Fu X. W., Lin, C.-J., Wang X., Feng X. B., "Observation and analysis of speciated atmospheric mercury in Shangri-La, Tibetan Plateau, China," Atmos. Chem. Phys. 15, 653-665, 2015.
Ph.D., Environmental Engineering, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH, USA.
MS, Environmental Engineering, Duke University, Durham, NC, USA.
BS, Chemical Engineering, Tatung University, Taipei, Taiwan
Awards & Honors
- ExxonMobil Distinguished Faculty Lecturer, Lamar University, 2014.
- University Professor and Ann Die-Hasselmo Faculty Scholar, Lamar University, 2012.
- Member, USEPA Science Advisory Board (SAB), 2011.
- The 2008 University Scholar, Lamar University, 2008.
- “James M. Robbins” Excellence in Teaching Award, Chi-Epsilon (The National Civil Engineering Honor Society) Southwest District, 2008.
- University Research Forum Award, Texas Water Conference, 2004 and 2005.
- Fellow, ASCE’s Excellence in Civil Engineering Education (ExCEEd), 2003.
- University Merit Award for Outstanding Young Professor, Lamar University, 2002.
- Highest Score in the April 2000 Professional Engineer License Exam in Environmental Engineering, State of Ohio, 2000.
- Gill Master Award for Young Investigator, Gill Foundation, 2000.