College of Engineering Ambassadors
WHAT WE DO
The Engineering Ambassadors Program adds a student component to the College of Engineering recruiting process, employer recruitment, and community activities.
Student Ambassadors assist in participating in the following events:
- Assisting with area high school career day events
- Giving potential student campus tours
- Work academic open house and talk to prospective students
- Assisting with Engineering Career Fair
- Assisting with Industrial Partnership seminars
- Greeting advisory council members at the executive luncheon
Thanks to a generous donation provided by ExxonMobil, Ambassadors are awarded a $750 per year scholarship and a monogrammed polo shirt to be worn when on duty. Ambassadors must dedicate a minimum of 30 hours of service each semester.
- Must be at least a sophomore (>30 hours)
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Must be a member of the student professional organization in their discipline
- Positive, outgoing personality
- Enthusiastic about engineering and engineering at Lamar University
- Must be able to devote a minimum of 50 hours of service each semester
- Must be willing to attend a training session before starting as an Ambassador
If you are a current student and would like to become an ambassador, we encourage you to Apply Today!